other LED next to wireless indicator LED light

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by solman, Oct 28, 2008.

1. solman

solman

my wireless indicator light blinks whenever it's operating and connected, but i was wondering about the LED indicator light next to the wireless LED. what's it for? the link below shows the circuit board, it's marked as LED3 on the left side and the WLAN light is marked as LED2 (see circuit board at the top right in the picture).

http://scr3.golem.de/screenshots/0807/Aspire-Test/Acer-WLAN.jpg

solman, Oct 28, 2008
  2. solman

ovaltine

ovaltine, Oct 28, 2008
  3. solman

sk3rmo

now that's interesting :)

sk3rmo, Oct 29, 2008
  4. solman

rory

yep, plus in vista (and xp im sure, not sure about linpus) if you run the aao with the case open , and then push the actual switch to te left (not the plastic on the case, but the actual switch on the mobo) hen it will say 3g enabled/3g disabled...

rory, Oct 29, 2008
  5. solman

ovaltine

The 3.5G model (with built in 3.5G WAN) has been officially released in Taiwan and soon in other countries.

ovaltine, Oct 29, 2008
  6. solman

Frojd

I've seen it in Sweden too, suprisingly enough that we get something that is "new" :lol:

Frojd, Oct 29, 2008
  7. solman

fweigel

Now, I don't intend on using the "3G" feature -- ethernet, wlan and bluetooth to my phone are fine.

So, I want to use that LED for -- well, I'll think of something (email waiting, blink for attention, important IM buddy just logged in, whatever).

But I assume its tied into the atheros driver; does someone know how to tease it out so I can use it?

fweigel, Nov 2, 2008
  8. solman

rory

no idea... on mine, i was saying how moving the switch that wy turns 3g on according to windows. but, the led did noot come on from what i remember. ill report back when im installing my touchscreen if nobody does before..

rory, Nov 3, 2008
Ask a Question