OSX/Dell 1390 and Broadcom Crystal HD card simultaneously?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by scott8933, Jun 20, 2010.

1. scott8933

scott8933

Has anyone found a way to run the Dell Airport card together with the Broadcom Crystal HD card at the same time? Seems like the stock WiFi card is half the height of the replacement Dell unit - which means the Broadcom needs to go in the open PCIe slot. Is there any solution to this, or is it a matter of just one or the other but not both?

I'm running OSX on mine, so the stock wifi card won't work - hence the need to replace the Atheros one. Seems like even some creative cutting inside won't create enough room to clear that long Dell card.

Any way to run both?

scott8933, Jun 20, 2010
  2. scott8933

scott8933

Re: OSX/Dell 1390 and Broadcom Crystal HD card simultaneousl

Also, the 1390 isn't being detected in either slot. 1 problem, only the white antenna reaches around to plug in; but would that cause it to not be detected? It didn't work in the Atheros slot either, and then I had both ant wires plugged in.

One weird thing, it seems to "sort of" see the card, it just refuses to power it on.

scott8933, Jun 21, 2010
Ask a Question