OS X Can't see Intel 4965AGN wirless card

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by bobfl, Oct 30, 2008.

1. bobfl

bobfl

So I upgraded my AAO with 1.5GB of RAM and changed the wireless card to the Intel 4965AGN. Everything works fine and is recognized in XP. OS X doesn't show my card. I am not sure what to do. I hate to hack around with my OS X setup now that I appear to have things working so I am wondering what people here needed to do. I guess I was under the impression that OS X would just recognize the card. I did install the card before I had OS X installed. I did follow the Kalyway upgrade process. I'd really like to get the wireless working. Thanks.

bobfl, Oct 30, 2008
  2. bobfl

rory

hy were ou under the impression "it would just work"
    very little on os x "just works"
    you basically need a broadcomm chipset wlan card to e braod, but secifically a dell 1390/1490 or 1500. but all those have both intel and broadcomm chipsets and you only want the broadcomm ones.
    plus this isnt really the place for driver requests for hardware you have added, if you want to try looking for a workaround, look at forums.insanelymac.com
    Rory

rory, Oct 30, 2008
  3. bobfl

mauritzius

Not only broadcom, but also some Atheros-based cards "just work", like the Gigabyte GN-WI01GT I'm using.
    For your Intel Card, search for "iwidarwin" on google. This project tries to develop OS X drivers for intel-based wireless cards.

mauritzius, Oct 30, 2008
Ask a Question