Ordered new Acer Aspire One from Amazon

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by tvrides, Dec 5, 2008.

1. tvrides

tvrides

Ordered the "Acer Aspire One 8.9-inch Mini Laptop (1.6 GHz Intel Atom N270 Processor, 1 GB RAM,
    160 GB Hard Drive, XP Home, 6 Cell Battery) Sapphire Blue" from Amazon with free super saver
    shipping for $384.99 as a Christmas present for my wife.

Did a lot of research, and it appears to have the best combination of features for the price. I haven't
    looked into how to go about playing movies on it, but will search the forum for more info about that.
    Maybe I should've ordered a pair of fingerprint free gloves to go with it. :lol:

My daughter's 15" Gateway laptop, which she got as a birthday gift last month, is also a fingerprint
    magnet. My wife really, really, really, REALLY wanted her own laptop, but we have a budget to follow.

Was at Costco yesterday, and spotted the HP Mini 1000 which made me look into netbooks/mini laptops
    with a budget of $350. Netbooks/Mini Laptops are *hot* which was news to me as I've been living under
    a rock. :shock:

Looking forward to participating on this forum here as I'm a bit of a computer geek, and used to work in
    Manufacturing Information Systems at Hewlett-Packard. Was a web consultant for 3Com Corporation. Still,
    am a babe in the woods when it comes to mini laptops.

tvrides, Dec 5, 2008
  2. tvrides

AceRyan

Sounds like you may have a hard time giving it up to the wifey if you get to playing with the AA1 too much. Either that, or you will be buying one for yourself soon. For movies I would recommend the K-lite codec pack (http://www.codecguide.com/) or for DIVX movies, try the DivX total pack (http://www.divxtotalpack.org/)

AceRyan, Dec 8, 2008
  3. tvrides

GvidoR

When the first 7" Asus Eee PC's came out I became a netbook addicted. Since then I had started to look on the web every night if there is something new from netbooks. One day one of my friends told me that he's waiting for Acer Aspire One (it wasn't out yet) so checked it up and then I thought it was sooo nice! About a month later, he received it (White, Linpus, 512MB, 120GB) I had a look at it and then I was so absolutely in love with it. Few weeks later I received myself! I still think that this little machine is great! :p

GvidoR, Dec 8, 2008
Ask a Question