Ordered from Amazon

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by AlistairKelman, Aug 9, 2008.

1. AlistairKelman

AlistairKelman

Right - I have taken the plunge, have joined this forum and have ordered an "Acer Aspire One A150-Ab Netbook, Linpus Linux Lite version, 1GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB HD (Sapphire Blue)" from Amazon for £261.10

It is meant to go on sale on Monday 11th August and I am due to receive it by 18th to 22nd August.

I use XP on this laptop which is about nine years old. I have put UBUNTU on an old Toshiba and it works like a dream. But I need something very small and portable - hence the Acer Aspire One.

If this works fine then I am in the market for a 3G plug in module.

AK

AlistairKelman, Aug 9, 2008
  2. AlistairKelman

Sid

Be aware that the early machines will not be easily upgradeable to 3G.

"Hack in" may be the option, "plug in" is not likely on the early models.

Sid, Aug 9, 2008
  3. AlistairKelman

procalli

My order at amazon for the white 120gb 512 has a delivery date of the 12th. Maybe I may get it if there giving out later delivery dates.

procalli, Aug 9, 2008
  4. AlistairKelman

Guest Guest

I also ordered mine from Amazon (USA). I preordered mine with Windows XP, 120gb hd... Does anyone know when Amazon (USA) will start shipping them out?

Guest, Aug 10, 2008
  5. AlistairKelman

AlistairKelman

I cancelled my order with Amazon today and rebooked it because they had dropped the price. New delivery date is only a few days later.

in respect of 3G surely I can just plug in a 3G modem or 3G USB stick? Once the drivers are available this should not be a problem?

AK

AlistairKelman, Aug 14, 2008
  6. AlistairKelman

Sid

I can get the E220 (on three UK) to connect inside of terminal, but there seems to be an issue with connection manager. It does appear in the connection list, but I need to do more investigation on this.

Sid, Aug 14, 2008
  7. AlistairKelman

AlistairKelman

It arrived yesterday afternoon from Amazon and I have spent part of today setting it up. Boy oh Boy is it a great machine. I can touchtype on it and have had no problems whatsoever in running any of the applications I use on a daily basis. Have view a BBC newsclip on it, played music on it, edited a word document, viewed PDFs, joined every site I normally go to.

My only addition to date - an external corded USB mouse.

Microsoft is dead !!

AK

AlistairKelman, Aug 28, 2008
Ask a Question