Optimize battery life

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Bronzato, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Bronzato

Bronzato

Hi everyone,

I am newly owner of an acer aspire one and I wonder how to optimize battery life. Concretely, when I work on my acer for all day long, what is best: keep acer constantly plugged or plug/unplug it successively when battery is empty?

Maybe it is a stupid question but it is my question as well ;)

Thank you all !

Bronzato, Jul 30, 2009
  2. Bronzato

key

hello Bronzato

i'm pretty new to the aspire one as well and no battery expert but from my experience it is best to fully use li-ion batteries.

ie as much as possible run full to empty then charge to full again.

someone will no doubt say that li-ion is not affected by the memory effect or whatever it is but i think there's more to it than that.

several phones and laptops have shown me that just leaving plugged in is bad.

hope that helps
    Iain

key, Aug 1, 2009
  3. Bronzato

soccerballtux

For the most part it does not matter what you do. Li-Ions tend to be more age-sensitive than anything. However, I, too, prefer to fully discharge every couple of charges.

soccerballtux, Aug 6, 2009
  4. Bronzato

Forone

If you're like me and use the Acer on AC power most days and only really want the battery for when you leave the house, charge the battery to about 40%, take it out, put it in a plastic bag in a drawer, and charge up when you need it or at least recycle the charge every month or two. Batteries have a limited number of recharge cycles. They will last marginally longer and sustain a charge longer if not recharged too often.

Forone, Aug 6, 2009
  5. Bronzato

Grim Squeaker

The fridge is in fact a better choice than a drawer. The 40% charge however is indeed essential.

Grim Squeaker, Aug 9, 2009
Ask a Question