Opera Browser icon help please

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by wongry2008, Sep 9, 2008.

1. wongry2008

wongry2008

First of all I'd like to thank all of you for the good info I've gotten so far. I've been able to install and put the icon for VLC on the desktop. And I've been able to add the math equation editor for openoffice onto my Aspire One (Linux, 8GB ssd, 1 gig ram and 6 cell batt), and I've even solved the %U problem with it and VLC.

What's stumping me still is how to put the icon for Opera browser onto the deskstop, I've tried the sudo mousepad /home/user/.config/xfce4/desktop/group-app.xml method where I added another line with opera as the app, I've even tried adding /local/ onto the address(?) line, but each time no icon.

If someone has gotten it to work and can help this poor noob with some great instructions I'd greatly appreciate it.

So far I'm very happy with this little power house!

Thanks in advance.

wongry2008, Sep 9, 2008
  2. wongry2008

ZimberZanger

(I'm assuming you're trying to have the icon in the 'Connect' section, with FF)

It is there for other people (viewtopic.php?f=17&t=857) and for me (viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1531) with a little work.

Hopefully there is enough detail here to get you through the process ... but if not post back.

ZimberZanger, Sep 10, 2008
  3. wongry2008

wongry2008

Wow, it took me ahile, but I finally figured it out. I had to use: <app sequence="x">/usr/local/share/applications/opera.desktop</app>, what I didn't get was that I didn't need to use edesktop in the address.

Thanks for all your help and especially the encouragement!

wongry2008, Sep 12, 2008
Ask a Question