OneLinux (Possible Ubuntu Thread - Move if needed)

Discussion in 'Linux' started by davidbrown2, Sep 19, 2008.

1. davidbrown2

davidbrown2

Hey everyone, After a short stint with OSX on the AAO
    I decided to try another Linux OS - this time OneLinux, I realize its only in beta, however, are there any dedicated forums for it, I've been unable to find any, and surely there must be a decent following of it - Its Ubuntu without the hassles of wifi basically, and a faster boot time.

Who else has tried it out and what are your thoughts on it?

davidbrown2, Sep 19, 2008
  2. davidbrown2

scottro

I've tried it and I liked it. The only thing is that I prefer to use fluxbox as my window manager and for some reason (not thoroughly investigated) onelinux with fluxbox seemed rather slow. Therefore, I didn't keep it, but if I preferred Gnome as my desktop, or was a die hard Ubuntu fan, I probably would have kept it.
    The only other thing is tha there doesn't seem to have been much activity on their site since the 12th, and I just hope it doesn't gradually come to a stop the way the Fedora Aspire One spin seems to have done.

scottro, Sep 19, 2008
  3. davidbrown2

rbil

Seems to be plenty of activity on their IRC channel.

Cheers.

rbil, Sep 19, 2008
  4. davidbrown2

davidbrown2

I dont know why I didn't check the irc channel... perhaps I should pop on and see whats going on.

Cheers.

davidbrown2, Sep 19, 2008
Ask a Question