On the verge of buying the same laptop twice.

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by SKYIO, Jan 30, 2016.

1. SKYIO

SKYIO

I'v been using the Toshiba Satellite C850D-11Q for years now.

I fear soon it will break, and so now I want to buy another laptop that is as durable as this one. I want to get something different, but I don't know what to trust.

I don't care about; Speed, ram, memory and all that crap.

I just want it to last for the years.

SKYIO, Jan 30, 2016
  2. SKYIO

IcyBC

My son also has a Toshiba Satellite for over five years now, and I need to take it in to have it upgrade to Window 8.1 soon. I have gone through two laptops already but his is still functioning.

Check Amazon and eBay for the update or better version of your Toshiba to see what is available. Although I don't think they are making the laptop with quality as they used to in the past.

IcyBC, Feb 1, 2016
  3. SKYIO

Sefie

Why not get another Toshiba Satellite? This is my second one and I am rather happy with it! Mine is 7 years old already! The oldest one, that is. My newest one is just one year old ;) So why not go for the sure thing and go for another Satellite?

Sefie, Feb 1, 2016
  4. SKYIO

Sefie

Sorry, I meant my oldest one is still working, but I bought a new Toshiba because the fan of the old one broke, and it started to turn itself off every time it overheat itself. The old Toshiba laptop paid itself! It's now 7 years old and I use it during emergencies! It might die eventually, but I have this new one I use most of the time. I haven't regretted buying that laptop not even once. I know you won't either ;)

Sefie, Feb 1, 2016
  5. SKYIO

djtech

Well, you'll see only Toshiba and Dell laptops in much of the corporate world, primarily because they last long. Of course, Apple laptops are tough, but then companies don't buy them because they get more bang for their buck by buying windows laptops. To me, everything else is secondary too - I want a laptop that can take the rough conditions that I may have to put it through.

If you took a Sony vaio on an offroad trip, chances are that something will be damaged. I'm saying this from experiments that me and my friends have run in the past. The only laptops that last other than Apple Macbooks are Toshiba and Dell. Also, Dell's support is fantastic. I can't say anything about Toshiba's support, because I haven't ever had to take my satellite into the shop - touch wood!

djtech, Feb 1, 2016
Ask a Question