?? on the left SD slot (expansion)

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by toohai2, Nov 18, 2008.

1. toohai2

toohai2

my 150 has xp & 120GB hdd.
    Is the left SD reader/expansion slot a push/push style slot like the right side SD reader or not?
    I just want to make sure I didn't break the left one... :shock:
    and if it's not, how are u guys getting the SD card removed easily? Mine goes all the way in & flush.
    I can read from it just fine. Its just a pain in the rear to get out.

toohai2, Nov 18, 2008
  2. toohai2

DiSK

I use my nail to push it in, then it comes out about 1/4, where you can pull it out.

DiSK, Nov 18, 2008
  3. toohai2

toohai2

That's what I was thinking, but my left slot doesn't work with a push release. Even the USA user manual says its a push/push slot...lol. On mine, the card inserts flush and bottoms out. No spring release. I guess I will look at it the next time I have it apart.

toohai2, Nov 18, 2008
  4. toohai2

toohai2

ok got it cracked open, and that slot does have a spring release. the tolerances are so tight that its not letting the SD card come out on its own.

toohai2, Nov 18, 2008
  5. toohai2

dale

actually, with mine, the size of the SD card makes the difference. i noticed that when i plug an ordinary sd, the card must be pushed further in order for the NB to read it. using a SDHC card, theres a couple of mm left (about 4) exposed. then i noticed the difference of the size of a SD and a SDHC card.

dale, Nov 21, 2008
  6. toohai2

toohai2

thanks dale for the info. i only have SD's here for the time being, so that's good to know. I still might have to clearance the case opening. I have a feeling it is causing mine to bind in the slot. I took a razor blade and scraped my cards down to smooth out the plastic and remove any rough, high spots and excess flashing not removed during manufacturing. Seems to helped out a bunch. Still not 100% but works now.

toohai2, Nov 21, 2008
Ask a Question