On Battery Icon

Discussion in 'Asus' started by dennyz99, Feb 16, 2022.

1. dennyz99

dennyz99

I have a ASUS GL752VW-DH7 in which I had to replace the battery because it would not start up, even when plugged in. New battery is OEM and install went smooth. Now when I start it up, there is a small window that pops up for a few seconds and then repeats ALL the time while the laptop is on. It says "On Battery". Laptop is plugged in and battery charge is only at 52%, even after being plugged in over night. I uploaded a pic of the items. Anyone have an idea what this means, and if there is a solution to fixing the problem??? Thank you!

asus on battery.jpg

dennyz99, Feb 16, 2022
  2. dennyz99

dennyz99

Since I got no replies here, I took it to a computer repair store. They diagnosed the problem as having to do with a fault on the motherboard which causes the battery not to charge and won't allow the computer to start up without the battery. A new motherboard would cost about as much as a new laptop, so they advised I remove the hard drive to save any files, etc. and scrap the rest.

dennyz99, Mar 19, 2022
Ask a Question