Okay, I think I have the "fan problem"...

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by ankhaw93, Oct 26, 2008.

1. ankhaw93

ankhaw93

My AAO, about 6 weeks old, no longer stays on more than a few minutes at a time. Sigh. And, I don't hear the fan whirring at all. Double sigh. So, this thing is under warranty, anyone have any experience on how hard it is to fix this issue? I use this thing for work, and it's gonna be hard to live without it for too long... I purchased it from Micro Center in Texas, does anyone know if Acer deals with this stuff directly or do I take it back to the store?

My old gateway home computer did this same thing. One of the fans stopped working, so the computer would work for a while, then just shut down unexpectedly. Freaked me out. Turned out to be an easy warranty fix, but now I'm having deja vu with the whole thing.

GRRR.

ankhaw93, Oct 26, 2008
  2. ankhaw93

dale

its better if you use that warranty. opening it by yourself would mean that you're on your own for the rest of AAO's life.

with
    as long as their warranty is accredited by acer, they will fix it. actually, the restoration time is much faster if you send it to Acer service center directly. just show your warranty card ( if there is) and the official receipt...

hope i helped you out... :D

dale, Oct 26, 2008
  3. ankhaw93

Tamrac

Bummer... that's the thing i hate about really small fans. These break alot easier compared to the larger versions. Better take it back to the store, and ask for a replacement. Maybe that will be quicker. Just backup all your documents. Work in front of an AC to prolong the working time just enough so you can back things up. This is probably the reason why Dell opted for a fanless system. Goodluck.

Tamrac, Oct 26, 2008
Ask a Question