ok, i have installed Iatkos 5.i. Now what kexts do i need?

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by phantomrider1978, Jun 26, 2009.

1. phantomrider1978

phantomrider1978

can anybody provide me with a nice walkthrough in regards to the essential kexts i need for the AAO?

i have the AAO model ZG5 (160gb hdd bought from Walmart). I maxed the ram out and swapped the wifi card out and now
    have the needed Broadcom 1390 card. But, not too sure what to do with the kexts now. i know i am lacking the following:

1. sound
    2. screen resolution
    3. battery power indicator
    4. mic/line out

can somebody link me a walk through or provide me with any help on this? I love having the mac OS on my AAO, so it would be great to have all of the above working. Thank you for your time and energy.

phantomrider1978, Jun 26, 2009
  2. phantomrider1978

uluf

Current iAtkos Release is v7, I'd go with that one. When you customize your installation you should consider the following:
    1. Voodoo HDA for Sound
    2. Try my HOWTO for Graphics, it may well work on your system too (It is for 10.5.7 though)
    3. There is a patch for this somewhere under Customize
    4. Line-Out should work with Voodoo HDA, mic may not. If you really need it you can consider buying a usb dongle they're about 5 Dollars on ebay I guess.
    I suggest you reinstall iAtkos v7 with the mentioned options, that'll be the easiest thing to do.

EDIT: I just noticed somebody posted a nice summary of installation settings
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=15664

You should follow that one, don't forget the PS/2 fix!

uluf, Jun 26, 2009
  3. phantomrider1978

rory

there are 2 maybe 3 guides on how to do an iatkos 5i installation. a quick search would have pulled them up. /end of rant

rory, Jun 27, 2009
Ask a Question