Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by joseph, Sep 9, 2008.

1. joseph

joseph

I am probably being a bit dim at the moment, but could someone tell me how to save webpages so i can view them offline, have tried the save as but only given option to view with web browser or abi word, abi works to a certain extent. Am running firefox 3 on linpus. My head is totatally screwed up trying to get the hang of linux please someone help save my sanity

joseph, Sep 9, 2008
  2. joseph

Ace_Rimmer

My absolutely favorite way to save web pages is to "print" them to a pdf. If you first install CUPS-pdf (I think the info on this is in the How-Tos) then you can you can select CUPS-pdf as your printer. This makes a very nice looking document from the web page, and has the advantage that it is all in one place (no separate directory of image files, for example) and is easily transportable to other computers since most people have some sort of pdf reader available (evince, foxit reader, etc.).

Otherwise you should be able just to select File / Save Page As in Firefox, then select whether you want text, html, or complete page (which gives that separate directory of linked image files). Of course, the html or complete page versions can be opened with Firefox.

Ace_Rimmer, Sep 9, 2008
  3. joseph

rbil

That's the way I've been doing for a few years now. Excellent way to save web page.

Cheers.

rbil, Sep 9, 2008
  4. joseph

joseph

Thanks ace works great saved me alot of hassle appriciate you taking time to help top guy THANKS

joseph, Sep 10, 2008
Ask a Question