Official support for Windows XP will come to an end On 8 April 2014.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by something back, Feb 12, 2014.

1. something back

something back

something back, Feb 12, 2014
  2. something back

Brian8gbSSDLinux

NOW is the time to think about building a bootable USB stick with a Linux (replacement OS) on it like...

Ubuntu or Lubuntu (light Ubuntu) or even Easy Peasy linux

See here - http://www.pendrivelinux.com/

go down the page and click on the 'from Windows' tab to see a selection of Linux OS's and HOW to install them to the USB Stick (Pendrive) (click the name of the OS you may be interested in)...

eventually...
    Run the OS from the USB stick and see how you get on... MOST flavours of Linux have Helpful Forums (sometimes called 'Support' eg Easy Peasy) to give added support, if you can't seem to find out how to do something.

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Feb 12, 2014
  3. something back

Clanky

That's sad, Windows XP was quite a nice operating system but I'm now happily using Windows 7.

Clanky, Mar 4, 2014
  4. something back

Sefie

What a pity, I guess in a couple of years they will be doing the exact same thing with Windows 7. I was fortunate enough to use Windows XP when I was younger, then I upgraded once I bought a new laptop. Windows XP and Windows 7 will always be my favorite windows operating systems ever. Sad to hear no more support for Windows XP, I wonder what that entitles (specifically)?

Sefie, Mar 4, 2014
  5. something back

mikelouis

For all those who love XP then it is about time you upgraded to the new systems. I believe without the support in place most systems will be unstable. Personally I think Windows 7 is great now that Windows 8 has been a major flop.

mikelouis, Mar 6, 2014
  6. something back

gadgetised

I agree, it is just time to upgrade. Microsoft can't support their products forever. It is not practical. Better off just upgrading to Windows 7. It is better security wise anyway.

gadgetised, Mar 8, 2014
  7. something back

something back

something back, Mar 12, 2014
  8. something back

bobthemuffinman

This really doesn't mean that much. If your Windows XP is still working fine, nothing will change. All that is happening is that Microsoft is officially saying that there will be no more updates, and they won't help you if you are running Windows XP. This isn't as big of a change as people are thinking.

bobthemuffinman, Mar 17, 2014
  9. something back

Maledictum

Rest in peace, Windows XP. Its been a long run and hopefully support for Windows 7 will last just as long, if not longer. Maybe by then the next Windows successor won't be so terrible.

Maledictum, Apr 6, 2014
Ask a Question