Office 2007

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jodelflyer, Dec 23, 2008.

1. jodelflyer

jodelflyer

I have decided to buy the AA1 with 1Gb Ram and 120Gb HDD running on Linpus. My plan is to dual boot with XP Pro so that I can use Office 2007 for work. I have seen plenty of posts and guides on installing XP via USB but have not seen how to install Office without an external CD. What is the easiest way to install office?

Thanks

Tony

jodelflyer, Dec 23, 2008
  2. jodelflyer

nmesisca

make an image of the DVD, and either transfer it to the AAO, or mount it from a network share.
    thats what i do.

nmesisca, Dec 23, 2008
  3. jodelflyer

jodelflyer

Thanks for the quick reply. I now need to find out how to make an image file!

Tony

jodelflyer, Dec 23, 2008
  4. jodelflyer

nmesisca

ImgBurn should do. And its free.
    Google it..

Edit: and to mount it you can use Deamon tools. Free again.

nmesisca, Dec 23, 2008
  5. jodelflyer

melhiore

Copy CD/DVD to PenDrive on any available PC. Run installer - that's it. I installed mine this way...

melhiore, Dec 23, 2008
  6. jodelflyer

fat-fingers

fat-fingers, Dec 23, 2008
  7. jodelflyer

art67

@Tony:

I just saw your initial post. Have you managed to install Office using a USB flash drive? If so, could you please describe how you went about it and what software you downloaded to transfer and actually set up Office?

Thanks!

art67, Feb 18, 2009
  8. jodelflyer

darenm

darenm, Feb 18, 2009
  9. jodelflyer

jeremysdad

I think the easiest way is to download a trial from MS, and then activate it. Done it like three times, and finally got smart and saved the .exe. May not be the fastest way, but it is free, and will dl in the background while you're doing other stuff. Of course, you still have to buy it somewhere to get the key, but this could save having to buy a USB drive if you otherwise don't need it. FWIW...

jeremysdad, Feb 19, 2009
  10. jodelflyer

art67

Well, I've managed to make an ISO image of my Office 2000 and run setup on the netbook - but (there's always a but) was told rather rudely that I need Windows Network Information Server 4.0, which is proving rather elusive on the Microsoft site.A rather hasty search for Word 2000 clean downloads didn't get me far either - but it's silly, I have Word, after all.

Now, if anyone knows whether it's possible to cherry-pick Word from my virtual Office 2000 CD do tell how - I'd be grateful.

Simply dropping Office applications in my flash drive and trying to extract them on the Aspire One didn't work for me, as copying Windows XP didn't. At any rate, I may try making an ISO of Windows XP and see whether setup can find what it needs to continue in there.

Once I've got there successfully, I'll put it all in a guide and post it for posterity :)

Thanks to everyone who takes the trouble to reply, BTW.

art67, Feb 19, 2009
Ask a Question