Office 2003 - Wine

Discussion in 'Linux' started by magnumopus, Apr 7, 2009.

1. magnumopus

magnumopus

Hi,

Has anyone managed to get Office 2003 running under Wine? I have installed it and all applications do actually start up, however they quickly crash with an error saying that Office 2003 will now install. During the install dialogue it hangs then I have to kill the process in the terminal in order to get rid of it.

I am using both PlayonLinux and Wine - Wine version 1.1.18 with Linpus.

Kind regards,

rod

magnumopus, Apr 7, 2009
  2. magnumopus

iv76erson03

From what I have read, that is a very common problem with Office. I don't think you'll be able to get it to run with much stability. I'd get used to Open Office 3.0

iv76erson03, Apr 7, 2009
  3. magnumopus

AK963

If you can get your hands on office 07, it runs nicely on my Ubuntu.Word, Excel and Powerpoint all run very well, however Access wont open (even after trying a fix) and Publisher crashes when saving. It installs just fine on wine 1.1.16, then I just updated to 1.1.18. It cant be installed on 1.1.18 due to a regression, but you can just downgrade (it will keep all your installed apps).

AK963, Apr 7, 2009
Ask a Question