Office 2003 installation from iMac running leopard

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by garymccandless, Sep 15, 2008.

1. garymccandless

garymccandless

Hey guys I still haven't bought the aspire one yet;
    but when I do i'll probably be going with the xp version.
    I run an iMac full time so I feel like I need a little foothold in the windows world.

The lack of optical drive worries me.

I've still got office 2003 and some version of works from when I bought an acer travelmate (circa 2005).

I was just wondering about the possibility (and ease) of sharing the optical drive on the mac to install office 2003 (it runs leopard 10.5.4).
    Or somehow making a file that'll install it from a usb flash drive? (again using the mac to do this)

Since my university has gone office 2007 crazy (every file is sent out as .xlsx .docx .pptx) I kind of need office and I've already paid for office 2008!

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S wasn't sure of the correct forum so i've posted in both windows and mac os - sorry for inconvenience

garymccandless, Sep 15, 2008
  2. garymccandless

dfiore

copy the office installer to flash drive and plug into one. install and be happy :) although you may be happier putting osx on the one with office 2008

dfiore, Sep 16, 2008
Ask a Question