OEM copy from hidden partition or download a copy of Xp Home

Discussion in 'Windows' started by AssassinLXIV, Jul 23, 2009.

1. AssassinLXIV

AssassinLXIV

I have a Acer Aspire One AOD250-1924 for about a month I have been trying to find if there is a way to take the hidden files and make a normal copy of Xp Home from them? I have never had a computer that came with an OS disk. Originally when I bought it I wanted to do a fresh install but recovery disks put all the same extra stuff back on. If not is there a place that I can download a copy of Xp Home that will work on my computer? Or if some one knows a place to download a copy of Xp Home that will work with my product key would you send me a link? I have tried about four Xp Home torrents and can't find one that works with my key.

Thank You,

Dave.

AssassinLXIV, Jul 23, 2009
  2. AssassinLXIV

adrianaitken

Either you have an OEM key and you're downloading a retail copy of Home (most likely) or you've a retail key and are downloading an OEM copy of Home.
    If the sticker under the AAO says Acer on it then it's most likely an OEM key so if you used http://mininova.org and searched for 'oem home xp' you'll get a hit :D

adrianaitken, Jul 23, 2009
  3. AssassinLXIV

AssassinLXIV

A few weeks ago got a Hp computer without a Xp disk a downloaded the right one on the first try. There is something strange about this copy of Xp. Its service pack 3 but has media player 9 and IE7 build 76477-OEM-0011903-00100. Might be a updated Sp2? Downloading a Sp2 copy right now. Anyway thanks for the reply and I will keep looking.

Dave

AssassinLXIV, Jul 25, 2009
  4. AssassinLXIV

AssassinLXIV

Yesterday, I found a copy Xp Home Sp3 that my key works on.

Dave.

AssassinLXIV, Jul 26, 2009
Ask a Question