Now that we have the source code...

Discussion in 'Linux' started by danthegoodman, Aug 8, 2008.

1. danthegoodman

danthegoodman

http://macles.wordpress.com/2008/08/07/acer-aspire-one-linux-source-code-available-for-download/

Now that we have the source code available, will it be possible to reconfigure some of the basic parts of Linpus to enable more control?

I'm thinking mainly of the xfce4-panel, because I really dislike how it's theme can't be reconfigured. I would really like (as I'm sure some of y'all would) to turn it back into a highly customizable version, still maintaining the ~20 second boot time.

So, since I'm a Linux newbie and don't really understand all too much about it yet, how hard would it be to reconfigure some of the basic parts? Difficult, Easy, So-So?

danthegoodman, Aug 8, 2008
  2. danthegoodman

hmraao

It would very much depend upon how much time you have available and how smart you are. A thorough understanding of Xfce development would be essential, I would say. Good luck:)

Ephraim Tutt...

hmraao, Aug 28, 2008
Ask a Question