Novelty still hasn't worn off

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Jerm78, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Jerm78

Jerm78

I've had my AAO for a couple months now and every time I use it I still think, "Wow, this thing is so cool!" I wonder when/if the novelty will ever wear off. :D

Jerm78, Dec 30, 2008
  2. Jerm78

Kramaring

Only had mine since Xmas day. Already upgraded to Windows XP and install several apps and games.
    Glad to know the honeymoon period goes on and on.

Kramaring, Dec 30, 2008
  3. Jerm78

GvidoR

Same here. :D
    Using mine since 9th of September, 2008. :p

GvidoR, Dec 30, 2008
  4. Jerm78

ccuina

Same here, with a couple of units. Maybe too early to claim victory, but so far everything working as should -and no simple network at home (shared printers, shared ext. LCD, wireless NAS, couple of OS flavors, VoIP, centralized outlook).

Have been pushing cleaning cable clutter at desks for a couple of days, but think will have sorted out by tomorrow if IKEA has everything in stock.

A happy IT support guy @ home, even happier kids

ccuina, Dec 30, 2008
  5. Jerm78

JimmiG

Been using mine for a couple of months. Over the holidays it has been my only system since I was at my parents house, away from home. Hooked it up to a USB keyboard and mouse and an old 19" CRT. It was almost like using a full desktop system though I missed the Radeon 3D graphics of my main rig :)

JimmiG, Dec 31, 2008
  6. Jerm78

ginguskahn

I have had mine since just after UK launch and still use it almost every day, it stays in the living room so I can surf the net while watching TV, but it's also been to America with me, been my main machine while staying at my parents place over christmas, and comes with me just about everywhere I go. If anything I have found more uses for it than I ever originally thought, even after buying an iPod touch as well.

ginguskahn, Dec 31, 2008
  7. Jerm78

tawd77

Ive only had mine for about a week, and love it. Its super fast for the price, and you can easily take it anywhere with you! I did a few tweaks found on this site, and it only got better! I havent touched my Dell Inspiron 1501 fullsize laptop since I got this thing!

tawd77, Dec 31, 2008
  8. Jerm78

ccuina

After 1 week of continuous use on 2 units,and having faced 1st major issue "deaf mic" in one of them -but solved- still a happy owner. No regrets

ccuina, Jan 3, 2009
  9. Jerm78

havchr

bought mine just after christmas so I havn't had that much time with it.
    They only had the xp version left in the store, so I went for it. Having the harddisk is good as well.
    Now I've set up dualboot with ubuntu and the xp install that came with it. Compiled and installed the wifi drivers and then I was live. Now I still have the other ubuntu-issues to work around, but I'm looking forward to it, I feel there's a lot of cool stuff to hack this machine into doing.

havchr, Jan 3, 2009
Ask a Question