notebook for cable internet connection

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by b4gerome, Sep 1, 2022.

1. b4gerome

b4gerome

Hi,

I need cable-based internet connection (not wifi) with the next notebook I buy. I consider Lenovo, Toshiba, Acer or HP (new or refurbished, my budget is limited). I need the cable connection for stable internet calls with a clear sound and I will want the new NB with Windows 11.

My previous NBs had the classic LAN port (for a CAT6), but NBs nowadays come with expandable ethernet port or none and there are workarounds using various types of connectors. As far I noticed e.g. in HP forums, many users seem to have troubles with ethernet connection, especially after upgrading to Windows 11. I also noticed some hints that expandable ports may be fragile and break apart after longer use.

I would appreciate response from notebook owners who have made a real good experience with cable-based internet connection having an expandable ethernet port or using a connector. Which notebook brand / model do you have? What type of connector? What OS version?
    Also those of you who experienced trouble may please write what notebook / connector to avoid.

Many thanks!

b4gerome, Sep 1, 2022
Ask a Question