not sure which atheros drivers to use

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by unp0ssible, Mar 11, 2010.

1. unp0ssible

unp0ssible

on the acer website selecting my netbook model i supposedly downloaded drivers for AR5007EG but i just ran Everest and it tells me its AR5006X

currently using the one provided by acer's website for my model (aspire aod150) and the only thing annoying about it is that the signal is usually always low but this has only been as issue for about a month or two, it used to be excellent before..dunno what changed in the system or maybe something outside my house

unp0ssible, Mar 11, 2010
  2. unp0ssible

tryptamine

The driver installation package is the same one for the AR5xxx family (I assume you want the Windows drivers):

Code:
    http://www.x-drivers.com/catalog/drivers/wireless_networks/companies/atheros/models/ar5006/21450.html
    As for the signal strength, try playing with the Adapter Settings-->Advanced options. In particular, make sure any power saving features are turned off, as these can negatively impact radio strength.

tryptamine, Apr 8, 2011
  3. unp0ssible

Forone

I've never gone "chasing" after latest Atheros drivers. Eventually they show up in the Windows Update "Optional" downloads and I'm sure to get the right one from there (need to go to Windows site since the optionals don't show up in the automatic updates.)

The other big thing is to go into settings for the driver to disable "Power Saving" - you don't identify your OS so I won't waste time on XP step by step. Having the right Atheros driver and disabling power saving should do it.

Forone, Apr 13, 2011
Ask a Question