Not so great repair service by Acer

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by ryoo818, Sep 6, 2008.

1. ryoo818

ryoo818

So.. my experience with the Aspire One and Acer's tech support has not been great. :|

8/22/08:
    Aspire One arrived (A150). Purchased from MicroCenter. Great shipping speed!

5 minutes and one unboxing later:
    System is powering off randomly. Tested various things (battery only, a/c only, both), ran recovery and failed halfway through (powered off), rendering the OS unusable. Called tech support. They were convinced that the internal power supply or motherboard was faulty. With no other options, I shipped it to Acer's repair facility.

8/26/08:
    Acer receives package and begins repairs, supposedly. I'll explain in a bit.

9/5/08:
    My Aspire One is back! They've even included an extra a/c adapter, hurray. Now let's turn it on and... okay, it powered off. Well, I'm sure it's probably nothing to worry about. I mean, they fixed the problem.. it even says so right here on this letter. Powered off again.. okay.. god dammit.

Basically, Acer's tech support didn't repair my netbook. It's possible they never even turned it on. The unit powers off almost immediately, so there is no way they could've missed this.

I've called MicroCenter to try and arrange an exchange, but they have a 7-day return/exchange policy. So my only choice is to ship to Acer.. again. Sigh :|

To rub salt in the wound, I stayed on hold with customer service for 45 minutes today. That's actually not too bad, except instead of being greeted by a perky service rep, all I heard was 'beep-click-dialtone'. I tried that about two more times, then gave up and sent an email.

I'd really like to say I've enjoyed my time with the little machine, but I've had it for a total of about 10 minutes since i bought it 2-3 weeks ago.

I am disgruntled. :(

ryoo818, Sep 6, 2008
  2. ryoo818

Achilles

My commiserations.

My record is: bought 8th August, died because of boot failure on 22nd August and taken same day to service centre (which happens to be near where I live). Still waiting for repaired unit after 2 1/2 weeks.

Achilles, Sep 6, 2008
  3. ryoo818

oldsouth

Did you guys ever get your computers back? Are they working????

oldsouth, Sep 20, 2008
  4. ryoo818

ryoo818

Yes, I've had it back for a few weeks. It's working great now. I guess I just had a string of bad luck.

ryoo818, Sep 22, 2008
Ask a Question