Not recognizing any wireless networks in the area

Discussion in 'Networking' started by casawyer, Mar 19, 2010.

1. casawyer

casawyer

My daughter bought an Acer Aspire One Model KAV60, it has worked perfectly. The Wireless in it doesn't seem to find any networks, when we have seveal around us and I have one for our own home. I have checked the Device manager, and it says it is working fine, I have trouble shut it and everything it suggested, doesn't work. The Wireless says it is on, and you can turn it off and back on, it lights up and blinks about every 30 seconds. Every once in a while there is a bubble saying there is a wireless network in the area available, but when you click on it, it shows no wireless networks. I have a USB wireless adapter, and it works but doesn't work properly either and can't access the internet, says limited with the triangle(!) in it.

I have a niece that has one and we checked the configuration on it and compared, it all is the same but the driver for the wireless in hers is new than my daughters, but we can get it to up date to a new one, it keeps saying that it is the newest available. Windows up dates do nothing, when you have the laptop hooked directly to the ethernet via wire.

Any thoughts?

casawyer, Mar 19, 2010
  2. casawyer

vpnavy

vpnavy, Mar 20, 2010
Ask a Question