Non-OEM Linpus Linux

Discussion in 'Linux' started by JimK, Sep 1, 2008.

1. JimK

JimK

Distrowatch weekly says Linpus has released Linpus Linux Lite (no version number listed).

Here's the link, with screenshots: http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20080901#news

I doubt it will work out-of-box with the Aspire One, but maybe with some tweaking it can be done.

I'm downloading it now, but it's a very slow train. If I get a successful download, I may try to put up a torrent somewhere.

I'm not going to try to install it on my One because I've done too much customizing and I don't want to have to redo it. I'll try to install it to a USB drive and see how well it works.

JimK, Sep 1, 2008
  2. JimK

KGB

If it's still the Linpus Lite Live CD 9.4, this version is rather different from Acer. Acer has removed a lot of kernel modules - and added some tools like yum etc. Also the Live CD-Version won't install (untill you use a few dirty tricks). Don't know, whether it runs out of the box (I have installed the live CD here in a VM). As a conclusion, I guess Acer's distribution fits better than Linpus Lite Live CD 9.4.

Just my 2 cents

KGB, Sep 1, 2008
  3. JimK

JimK

From what I can gather, it's an installable version of the live-cd. It's still not done downloading.

JimK, Sep 1, 2008
  4. JimK

Deoki

Deoki, Sep 1, 2008
  5. JimK

JimK

I figured since it was a new release that it should get its own thread. (And I did do a search, but only for the new release.)

JimK, Sep 1, 2008
Ask a Question