Noisy noisy fan!

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Lalaru, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Lalaru

Lalaru

My fan is sooo noisy. It's not so bad when I am just sitting around in a public place or at home, but when I am in my lectures I am afraid it will get annoying to other people. I installed the fan controller, but I am worried it will overheat or something. Actually, I was thinking the fan might be making it hotter rather than cooler, since it's constantly running, but what do I know? I only use my netbook maybe 10 minutes at a time in class and put it on standby when there aren't any notes to take, but even though it's had plenty of time to cool the fan still whirs and whirs. I had to send my netbook back to the company awhile ago and they gave me a new harddrive, it is also pretty noisy compared to the old one. I just wish I didn't have this awful problem with my previous laptops too, I can never bring them anywhere in public because of it. I see other people with nice quiet laptops, but maybe their noise only carries so far? I don't know, perhaps I am being paranoid. I guess this is what I get for always opting for cheap laptops instead of quality ones. ):

Lalaru, Jul 22, 2009
  2. Lalaru

mali

Set Fan Control to 70deg on 65deg off and everything will be fine(that's my setting when not overclocking). It won't overheat and it will be silent.

mali, Jul 22, 2009
Ask a Question