no right click on xfce panel

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Guest, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Due to a system lock up, I had to do a hard restart and now my panel is all messed up. I was able to get the panel semi working by closing the panel and launching a new one useing the xfce4-panel command. I say its semi working because there is no right click thus i cant customize it at all. All thats on the panel now is "show desktop", the task panel, notification area and clock. is there any was of fixing this so I can atleast get the menu on the panel? thanks in advance

Guest, Oct 6, 2008
  2. Guest

rbil

Alt-F2 and run:

xfce4-panel -a

Cheers.

rbil, Oct 6, 2008
  3. Guest

toddhuish

I'm not having any specific problems I just want to be able to right-click and make the buttons and tasks icon only and I have no idea how to do that without the right-click properties menu.

toddhuish, Nov 4, 2008
  4. Guest

KGB

According to my (German) description here http://gborn.blogger.de/stories/1199196/ try the following steps:

- Press Alt-F2 and type xterm to open a terminal window.
    - Type the command xfce-setting-show
    - Click to the Desktop icon
    - Select the Tab Behavior and check "Show desktop menu an right click"

Close the Preferences Windows and right click on your desktop -> the menu should be visible.

If that doesn't help, there might bei a possibility to reset the XML-Files in /etc/xdg/xfce4 - but that is difficult - and I would recommend to restore your AAO to factory settings using Restore disk.

HTH

KGB, Nov 5, 2008
Ask a Question