no operating system help

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by ian2494, May 14, 2009.

1. ian2494

ian2494

hi all i formatted my acer aspire one 150 as linux would not work with my router so got myself a usb cd drive started to install xp but at the first shutdown it wont continue installing it just goes back to the beginning went to try via usb but when i go to use PeToUSB it cant locate my usb stick so went to install linux back on it with the disk that came with the notebook but when i put that disk in the cd drive the note book cant find the usb cd drive but only when i put that disk in help please

ian2494, May 14, 2009
  2. ian2494

solpuerto

Hi

When trying to get the Aspire to boot from the USB/CD have you changed the boot order during the start up process?
    Press F12 during start up and ensure the USB is the first in the boot order.
    If you did not do this it will just boot as normal from your HD.

solpuerto, May 14, 2009
  3. ian2494

ian2494

yes i had done that so got no joy i installed linux ubuntu and then my notebook died all i get is the fan on and the green power light

ian2494, May 16, 2009
Ask a Question