No mic with webcam app

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by feed_sparky, Sep 13, 2008.

1. feed_sparky

feed_sparky

My mic works fine with skype and other programs, but it will not work with the webcam app in Linpus when I try to record something...
    Is it supposed to behave like this or is something wrong?

feed_sparky, Sep 13, 2008
  2. feed_sparky

Petrov_101

My mic doesn't work with webcam either. I'm using Linpus. Wasn't sure if it was hardware, so installed Audacity and I can record fine with the builtin mic. I've tried using the webcam with Yahoo Messenger using Acer's IM program but only video gets through, no sound.

Very annoying. I've searched everywhere in the forums but no luck finding an answer to your question. Just writing to say I have the exact same problem. Has anyone got the webcam and mic working on Linpus right out of the box?

Out of curiosity, how did you install Skype and does it have a mic/webcam mode? I went to the skype page and noticed many distros supported. Do I use Fedora 6?

Just curious, and if I figure out how to get the mic working with the webcam, I'll let you know.

Good luck!!!

Pete

Petrov_101, Sep 21, 2008
  3. feed_sparky

Darryl

Darryl, Sep 21, 2008
  4. feed_sparky

feed_sparky

feed_sparky, Sep 21, 2008
  5. feed_sparky

Petrov_101

I got Skype to work with no problems. Fedora 7 worked the first time. Thanks for the link.

I guess we can conclude that our computers are fine and it's just Yahoo that has some issues. I tried getting my XP machine to work with Yahoo messenger and it didn't have audio either.

Petrov_101, Sep 21, 2008
  6. feed_sparky

jwdcruicks

My sound and video work fine in skype but again, there is no sound when I go directly to the webcam and record. Sorry I can't be a help, just thought I'd post so someone might spot its now a comman unsolved issue. I'm trying mine out for a school purchase and the kids obviously won't have skype but do need audio to their weblogs!

jwdcruicks, Oct 15, 2008
  7. feed_sparky

Kartikay

Windows XP reinstall and my Mic does not work wither. I installed the drivers from Acer's site.

Kartikay, Oct 18, 2008
  8. feed_sparky

daldred

The linpus webcam app doesn't do sound; therre is alternativve liux webcam software around but I haven't needed it so can't comment Some people have used cheese - it might be worth asking on one of the threads which mention cheese whether they have sound working.

daldred, Oct 18, 2008
Ask a Question