No euro sign (€) at my new acer keyboard

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Dutch Harry, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Dutch Harry

Dutch Harry

I hope this is the right place to ask this, i have bought a Acer aspire AX3400 (desktop) and that came with a keyboard and i love that keyboard but i can't get my euro sign (€) to display, i use to use CTRL+ALT+5 but that doesnt work although the € is being displayed ion that key

Does anyone have any idea how to get that back

Thank you for your time

Harry

Dutch Harry, Dec 10, 2010
  2. Dutch Harry

elPaulio Moderator

Hi there Harry,

I have moved your topic to the right location.

I think you need to check in Control Panel what they keyboard layout you have set up is as there are obviously different locations for the € key.
    I'm in the UK and I need Ctrl + Alt + 4 for a € symbol.

Check that your keyboard is set to they correct location or failing that you could try UK and Ctrl + Alt + 4 if the rest of they keys are the same layout (I'm not sure on that!)

Hope that helps

Paul :ugeek:

elPaulio, Dec 10, 2010
  3. Dutch Harry

Dutch Harry

Well the funny thing is that i use the same keyboard on my Compaq machine (i have two comp with a connected with a kvm switch) so if i twitch between these PC's one PC (Compaq with XP) it all works fine and the second one (the acer with win7) have the problems, so i think i have to look into win7 to fix it.

Thanks

Harry

Dutch Harry, Dec 11, 2010
  4. Dutch Harry

elPaulio Moderator

Hi Harry,

It definitely sounds like your Acer is set up with the wrong language for the keyboard.

Go into Control Panel and check that the language is set to the same as it is on your Compaq.

Let me know how you get on

Paul :ugeek:

elPaulio, Dec 13, 2010
Ask a Question