No Connection Icon no Access to Network Centre

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jaymax, Nov 14, 2009.

1. jaymax

jaymax

Dear All, I know there have been numerous posts and I have tried some fixes (details below) but so far nothing has worked (also been on the net all day again TNA). I lost my connection manager icon and access to Network Centre after my pc went to sleep whilst streaming live tv - firefox hung and I had to hard boot.

I have tried deleting the networking folder and rebooting - no joy
    I have tried leaving the networking folder and just deleting the connections sub folder, rebooting - no joy
    My slider switch is on (orange light) I have tried closing the lid until goes off and also putting it to sleep for a while - again no joy

I understand from my research that a lot of others have been asked to perform a system recovery, if this is my only option does anybody know where I can get a ghost image for USB stick as I don't have a USB Drive in order to perform from my disc (my 2nd pc is Apple and so I am unable to perform manually using my cd)

Model: Aspire one ZG5 running Linpus lite v1.0.9.e

Really, thanks in advance for any information / advice
    Jayson

jaymax, Nov 14, 2009
  2. jaymax

jaymax

Tumble weed floats across my post and so I guess the 32 of you that viewed this had nothing to offer??

jaymax, Nov 19, 2009
  3. jaymax

Helium

I have the exact same problem, no wifi or network manager. (Linpus)
    Hopefully you already solved your problem, but since you haven't reported back and for my own satisfaction heres what I did.

A USB stick restore system image can be found on torrent sites or links on this page:

http://nicozhang.blogspot.com/2009/02/a ... stick.html

I put the expanded file on the usb stick using these instructions ( for the terminal application on mac osx ) :

http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/Booting_ ... Thumbdrive

(I used the "diskutil list" command instead of "mount")

Helium, Jan 6, 2010
  4. jaymax

jaymax

Giggles blimey that's a blast from the past! Thanks so much for the response, in the end I bought a hard drive and built from scratch. Best, J

jaymax, Jan 6, 2010
Ask a Question