No Bootable Device after Re-assmbly (2ce)

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by user938712, May 30, 2009.

1. user938712

user938712

Oh boy. I disassembled and reassembled my Acer Aspire one twice to see what I had done wrong. I'm still getting the exact same error in BIOS

For Realtek RTL8101E/8102E PCI-E Ethernet Cntroller v1.09 (080602)
    PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
    PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM.
    No bootable device -- instert boot disk and press any key

I went to F12 to change boot and only the Ethernet controller is available!

I went to F2 setup in BIOS and put the Ethernet last and the HD first and its still not working. :roll:

user938712, May 30, 2009
  2. user938712

txn

Try hit keyboard with hand xD trust me it work :D

txn, Jul 28, 2010
  3. user938712

Swarvey Moderator

before you go beating your AAO mercilessly, first go into the BIOS and ensure that it is at least detecting your HDD/SSD. Changing the boot order won't help if there's no hard drive to boot from, it may physically be there, but the BIOS has to recognise it first.

If it's connected properly and the BIOS still doesn't see it, try cleaning the contacts, double check EVERY connection between the HDD/SSD, the daughterboard and the mainboard.

Best case, its just dirty contacts, worst case, your HDD/SSD might be caput. If you believe it should still be working, attach it to another computer and see if it functions at all. Also listen for any perculiar noises coming from the machine.

Note: HDD's with spinning platters can only take so much force. Any hit/jar in excess of 3-5G forces can literally destroy the internal mechanisms. Beating your computer is always a last resort.

Swarvey, Jul 28, 2010
Ask a Question