No boot devices after ram upgrade

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Larry, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Larry

Larry

So I just went through the process of adding a gig of ram to the aspire one (which takes way to much effort) and have run into a bit of a snag. I put everything back together and checkout the BIOS and the total ram is 1536MB like its supposed to be. However, there are no boot devices except for the Network Boot. When I hit F12 the only listed option is the network boot.

I disassembled it again and made sure that the hard drive was connected and it is. I've reassembled it again but to no avail. What could be wrong? How can I fix it? Does upgrading the ram void the warranty? My apologies if this is the wrong forum.

EDIT: whoops, just found the hardware problems forum, this is in the wrong place sorry.

EDIT2: It can see USB drives if one is plugged in. However there is still nothing in either IDE place, where I assume the normal hard drive would be.

Larry, Sep 17, 2008
  2. Larry

protovision

if your still reading this thread... (dont know where the other one is)

I had the same thing happen after installing my ram, it turned out to be the blue cable to the HD that I had to disconnect during ram install wasn't seated correctly when I re-locked it into place. I reseated the cable, locked it in, and I got my HD back.

p.

protovision, Oct 3, 2008
Ask a Question