No AVailable Wireless Networks

Discussion in 'Networking' started by dilorenzoc, Jan 3, 2011.

1. dilorenzoc

dilorenzoc

I have had the Aspire One for about a year and it works great. Yesterday I turned it on and noticed I had no WI-FI connection. Went to network connections/wireless and looked for available wireless networks. I received a message saying non were in range or available. (I forget the exact message). All other devices in the house are working fine and all are connected to my wireless network. Any suggestions as to how I can get back on the air?

dilorenzoc, Jan 3, 2011
  2. dilorenzoc

armitage shanks

I have the same issue after replacing the hard drive in my A110. Cannot make it work at all. No wireless networks available. Have tried reseating the card and antenna cable. I did pinch the antenna cable when I reassembled the laptop but not badly. I am wondering if the card has packed up, but device manager says it is fully functional. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.

armitage shanks, Jan 29, 2011
  3. dilorenzoc

donec

If you damaged the antenna cable enough when you reassembled the laptop then the signal could be being shorted to the shielding in the cable and the computer would not know it since it only test the card.

donec, Jan 29, 2011
  4. dilorenzoc

donec

1. What AAO do you have and what Operating System (OS) are you using?
    2. Do you have any functions that are setup to upgrade automatically?
    3. Have you tried to connect in an area that is closer to your router?

donec, Jan 29, 2011
  5. dilorenzoc

armitage shanks

Thanks, the wire for the antenna seems ok - is punctured but stripped the black outer insulation off and inner black and white wires seem ok. Connected usb wireless receiver and all ok so something is definitely wrong with the card or the antenna. I have a heavily modified A110 - running xp 1.5 gig ram and with samsung hard drive 40gig. Where can you get a replacement antenna? or is it possible to get a new card complete with an antenna? Any help would be appreciated.

armitage shanks, Jan 31, 2011
Ask a Question