No audio from left headphone?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by lunged, Nov 28, 2008.

1. lunged

lunged

Hey everyone, new Aspire One user here. I'm having trouble with audio. I only get sound out of my left headphone when playing audio and video files. The only info many google and forum searches gave me was that this is a software issue.
    What have I done so far with this thing?
    Installed firefox 3, VLC (deleted media player), enabled advanced menu (still easy mode, though).

I'm on vacation now, and posting from my iPhone so I can't be to eloquent. Thanks everyone!

lunged, Nov 28, 2008
  2. lunged

nmesisca

hi there,
    I have the same issue.
    No matter what driver I tried and which way of installing it, this is the only issue I still have unresolved.
    Admittedly is not a big issue for me, as Skepy is still loud and clear with only the right speaker.
    I wish I could suggest you something but I am afraid I have tried them all.
    When I upgraded the memory of the AAO I even had a good look in case of pulled/pinched cables but everything seemed fine.
    If I had to make a guess, I have the feeling that the drivers for some reason bind to the incorrect ports (either the jacks or simply non-existing ones)
    As I said, its not critical to me but I reeealy would like to sort this out .. matter of.. principle :ugeek:
    At least I m not alone anymore ;)
    Any help guys is appreciated.

nmesisca, Nov 28, 2008
  3. lunged

lupusthethird

I have the same problem. The left speaker on the bottom of my 110 is not functioning in Linpus and hasn't since my first boot. I used advanced mode, firefox 3, skype, OpenOffice 3, and I removed all of the games except tetris.

My headphone port works fine for audio though... both channels are good.

Not exactly sure what that means, though XD

lupusthethird, Nov 28, 2008
  4. lunged

jinx022

This is weird, but on my unit just adjusting the volume to zero and back up helped. Acted like a dirty contact but this is purely electronic. Also, check the mixer level by typing alsamixer in a console window. YMMV.

jinx022, Nov 28, 2008
  5. lunged

lunged

Strangely, this worked for me! Thanks a lot for the simple fix. I wonder if it will stick after a reboot...
    I'll post again if this trick either stops working or permanently fixes it.

lunged, Nov 29, 2008
  6. lunged

slloydjenkins

I had no sound from the left headphone at all, and running alsamixer in a terminal window showed zero output on the left PCM channel. Master mixer showed balanced output, so I downloaded the Alsa Mixer Gui from the normal add/remove software app, and in there I was able to turn volume up on the left channel.........and it's all sorted for me now. Hope this helps....

slloydjenkins, Jan 7, 2009
  7. lunged

nmesisca

It could. If I could figure out what software for Windows does the same..
    Any suggestions on software for Windows to independently modify the channells setup?

thanks
    N

nmesisca, Jan 7, 2009
  8. lunged

Magnetron10

Zomg. Thank you Jenkins! You saved me so much grief.

Magnetron10, Jan 13, 2009
  9. lunged

CZroe

No left-channel for me (in Windows; originally a Linux model). Doesn't seem to be a software problem. Turning down and up does not fix.

CZroe, Feb 22, 2010
Ask a Question