"No audio device" in fresh XP

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by ViRAL89, Apr 9, 2009.

1. ViRAL89

ViRAL89

Fine folk of the Aspire-user-site...

I come before thee today humbled. You see i, myself am a bit of a looser in this high-classed computer enviroment and when i hit difficulties "pros" like yourself are my only hope.

I newly innstaled a "fresh" version of XP. The XP that came with the computer was getting slow and clunky.
    Anyway, all was well, i hade to rape my memory-stick (no, not in THAT way :p) to get it to formate my computer and install XP.

All drivers instaled well, but one....

I now get to the problem of my epic tale:

"No audio device"... What in gods name does that mean? I did run the "official" drivers the Acer website gave me. Still i "phail".

The innstaler got all the way to the end to (yes, silly me though all was well), until i got an error and some funky numbers. Probably an error-code or something. Anyway, it did not work.

So now, i beg of you, please, is there any cure for this illness? Or am i forced to live the "soundless life" with my sweet Aspire One?

Feel free to ask me about technical stuff, aslong as you don't excpect a smart-ass reply :) Oh, and i've been a good noob and done my searching.

Your my last hope... any takers? :)

ViRAL89, Apr 9, 2009
Ask a Question