Nintendo Wii Owners?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Matoverton, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Matoverton

Matoverton

Well I saw a topic for PS3 and Xbox 360 on this forum, so I thought it only fair to make a topic for the Wii too! Does anyone except me own one?

Matoverton, Nov 1, 2008
  2. Matoverton

melhiore

I'm planning to buy one as a Xmass gift for my wife... I'm not very convenient about games - they look a bit childish... I did not seen f.e. Call of Duty 4 for Wii... I fancy all this impossible to use IRdA controllers (love light gun) but still thinking about games "quality"...

melhiore, Nov 1, 2008
  3. Matoverton

fortunz

I do.

Quality games on the way:
    Monster Hunter 3 (exclusive)
    MADWORLD (exclusive)
    The Conduit (exclusive)
    Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse (Exclusive)
    Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop
    Animales de le Muerte (Exclusive)
    Red Steel 2 (Exclusive)
    Call of Duty: World at War

It would have been really nice if Infinity Ward hadn't passed over the Wii. IR controls for that game had a lot of promise. But them's the breaks.

fortunz, Nov 1, 2008
  4. Matoverton

melhiore

Oooops... I did not even know those games are available for Wii... Game Shop I'm visiting apparently is poor in that matter...

melhiore, Nov 1, 2008
  5. Matoverton

Kei

Monster Hunter!!!!!! that series is awsome!!! wow....i think i might mod my sisters wii...otherwise il stick with my PS3

Kei, Nov 1, 2008
  6. Matoverton

fortunz

It might not be poor, all of the above games haven't been released yet. World at War will be out in like 2 weeks, and several others like Dead Rising will be here for the holidays. The Conduit, possibly the best of the bunch, won't be out until Spring. I don't know when Monster Hunter 3 is coming, but it looks incredible so far.

If you're looking for great games instantly, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is incredible--one of the most under-rated games on any platform in 2007. Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 is a little shabby in the campaign, but it does offer 32 player online FPS without Friend Codes (it uses good old fashioned lobbies), however, in the past 8 months, EA has let their MoHH2 servers suffer, so you have to lag shoot quite a bit. But it was perfect for massive multiplayer games when it first came out. Mario Galaxy is cool. Deadly Creatures is a Wii exclusive with some really errie and cool gameplay that, I think, came out last month. If you're a Simulator buff, EA created an exclusive SimCity Creator for Wii--a game type that really works well with the Wii's IR pointer mechanics.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have more of the major games made well on Wii. We didn't get Airborne or Modern Warfare and a lot of similar titles, because it took developers a long time to create an effective porting mechanism for titles that easily ported between PS3 and the 360. Now, you've got a modified COD4 engine for Wii, so you can expect more Activision support. 2007 was bad for 3rd party selection. 2009 looks to be much better.

fortunz, Nov 1, 2008
  7. Matoverton

Matoverton

I've got Super Mario Galaxy which, although is slightly easy, is a fantastic game! I haven't got Metroid Prime 3, but I'm planning to as I loved the first 2!

Incidentally, Nintendo are planning to remake the first 2 Metroid Prime games for the Wii so that they use the Wii controls etc. so keep an eye out.

I had no idea that Monster Hunter was coming to the Wii, I'll definitely be getting that! :D

Matoverton, Nov 2, 2008
  8. Matoverton

shadow of the locust

i have a wii too.

my games are:

super smash bros brawl (friend code: 2750-7596-6303) - feel free to add me.
    pro evolution soccer 2009
    boom blox
    resident evil 4 wii edition
    wii sports
    wii play
    table tennis
    and super mario galaxy

im looking forward to boom blox 2.

shadow of the locust, May 20, 2009
Ask a Question