Newbi Alert: Can't flash my BIOS!

Discussion in 'Linux' started by BazookaAce, Dec 25, 2008.

1. BazookaAce

BazookaAce

Hi!

About two weeks ago my AAO took a trip to coma-world, after the BIOS gave up. I recovered it. No problem there.

So, i want to ugrade (flash) my BIOS, so it will not happen again. I have BIOS version 3301, and want to flash it to 3309. I have a 4GB Cruzer Micro, it's bootable, and i got the files. I rebooted my AAO, pressed F12, chose "Run as LiveCD". The current driver when i'm in "DOS" is A:/.

So, the problem is, what drive is my USB-Stick? In Ubuntu it's /dev/sdb1 (!), and i should be drive B,C,D,or E? With this in my thoughts, i ran Unetbootin in Wine, and made a bootable USB, and set the drive to be D:/. I rebooted, typed D:/, and nothing happened. It's the same with B,C, and E;/. So, anyone having the same problem, or having the solution?

Thanks in advance, and MERRY CHRISTMAS! :)

BazookaAce, Dec 25, 2008
  2. BazookaAce

Acid111

Acid111, Dec 25, 2008
  3. BazookaAce

BazookaAce

This dosn't work in my Terminal:

Code:
    sudo yum install syslinux p7zip-plugins
    wget -O unetbootin [url]http://downloads.sourceforge.net/unetbootin/unetbootin-linux-293[/url]
    chmod 755 unetbootin
    sudo ./unetbootin &
    By the way, this is the guide i followed. i installed unetbootin with a .deb-package and not thrue Terminal.

BazookaAce, Dec 25, 2008
  4. BazookaAce

spinnekopje

Just open the packagemanager and check for syslinux and something called p7zip... (I don't remember the correct name) install them and it will work.

spinnekopje, Dec 26, 2008
Ask a Question