newb wireless issues

Discussion in 'Networking' started by blackmetalbuick, Jun 24, 2009.

1. blackmetalbuick

blackmetalbuick

I know this is pretty common on these netbooks having wireless troubles but trying to sift through the info myself hasn't gotten me very far.

Just picked up a used AOA150 today.

Internet works fine with cable plugged in. Have a wireless network in my house but can't get the Acer to connect.

One thing I noticed, my sister has an Aspire One as well and I know when you flick the wireless switch on the front a message pops up that says "enabled" "disabled" "on/off" whatever. Nothing happens when I flick the switch on the one I just purchased??

While I was connected while wired to my modem I did go to the Acer site and get the newest Wifi driver. Didn't help.

Help is greatly appreciated. I only bought this thing for browsing and chatting. Needing to be wired to my modem isn't making this very useful.

Running Windows XP professional. Doesn't look like the last person had any firewalls or security programs to get in the way.

blackmetalbuick, Jun 24, 2009
Ask a Question