New updates killed my one?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by NoDestiny, Jul 24, 2008.

1. NoDestiny

NoDestiny

I just got my one today, let it charge for over an hour (when I noticed the charge light was green) then turned it on and used it for about 1 1/2 hours. I ran some updates after that. Since then, it will let me get into the linux main gui for about 2-4 minutes then suddenly my screen turns black. I unchecked the power management options to see if that helped, and the battery is also at about 18% still... no warning or anything, doesn't matter what I am doing. Just seems to go blank.

Any ideas?

Update
    Tried to change monitor, tried hooking up a monitor, etc. I pulled the battery and put it on the AC power and its running fine. Put the battery back in, no problems. It said it was 10% last... could this just be off? I just figured it would shut it down or something, not what seemed to lock it up (checked by trying to enable numlock or disable the wireless, both a no.)

NoDestiny, Jul 24, 2008
  2. NoDestiny

mabarrick

Mine is doing the same thing, I tried what you did but in about 30 minutes, while on AC, the problem came back and now there is nothing I can do to stop it from having the screen go blank after 1-4 minutes.

mabarrick, Jul 26, 2008
  3. NoDestiny

umpc

Mine was doing the same thing out of the box before any updates applied.
    KPowersave update did not help either.
    I was going to call Acer about this along with other issues.

umpc, Jul 26, 2008
  4. NoDestiny

ptechno

Weird

ptechno, Jul 27, 2008
  5. NoDestiny

djg000111

I have the same problem out of the box. No new updates required. I called Acer Support and was told to send my unit back or register the unit and send it to Acer.

djg000111, Jul 28, 2008
Ask a Question