New Updates and Frustration

Discussion in 'Windows' started by HappyKoi, Sep 18, 2016.

1. HappyKoi

HappyKoi

Has anyone had any trouble installing new updates? I'm trying to install one called Windows 6.1KB2999266, and it is not installing. It just keeps saying "searching for new updates" and then nothing else happens, even after waiting hours. This isn't the first time I've had this issue. I've installed updates and then had trouble with Windows afterward. I had to restore to before the update was installed. Has anyone else had trouble with new Windows updates?

HappyKoi, Sep 18, 2016
  2. HappyKoi

Nestone50

Hmmm, don't see that there is a Windows KB2999266 update. Do you mean KB2999226? If so, go here:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226 Then chose "Method 2" and download the appropriate OS update to your computer and then install.

Nestone50, Sep 19, 2016
  3. HappyKoi

AntonioCalcano

I think updates just make things worse for the most part, they say they're important because of security holes that need to be patched but in reality they're just pushed for the sake of it, if you're good the way you are you shouldn't install any updates; as the saying goes: if it ain't broke don't fix it.

AntonioCalcano, Oct 5, 2016
  4. HappyKoi

HappyKoi

Unfortunately, I keep having the same problem that I've been having. I'm trying to install an update so I can download Runescape, if that helps and anyone here is a gamer. ;) I even checked my version of Windows (and I learned how: right-click on the Computer icon and select Properties) and made sure it was the right one for the one I was downloading. I'm wondering if the problem is my version of Windows 7, although with the updates selection, it shouldn't be. Like I said, it doesn't just not work, it seems to be stuck in one spot. I'm starting to wonder if I'm not running it correctly, even though I think I'm following instructions. Could that be part of the issue?

HappyKoi, Oct 5, 2016
  5. HappyKoi

vinaya

Recently, I had to install Windows 10 because I began encountering problems while updating Windows 7. I hear Microsoft will stop providing service for Windows 7 after 2020. Is this true?

vinaya, Oct 6, 2016
  6. HappyKoi

Aree Wongwanlee

True, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The only problem is that we have no idea whether anything is broken in the first place. I am assuming that Microsoft knows what it is doing. They release an update as soon as they find a bug and find a solution. So far I have not had any problems with updating. Just takes a bit of time. Usually, this is done when I am shutting down the system. It will update and shutdown when the update is finished.

Aree Wongwanlee, Oct 6, 2016
Ask a Question