New to SSDs, does Samsung make the best ones?

Discussion in 'Storage' started by Baniclips, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Baniclips

Baniclips

So far it seems to me like SSDs are supposed to be much higher quality and have more longevity than any regular drives, but there are many different brands out there so I'm not sure what to choose. I've heard great things about Samsung drives but anyone have personal experiences or other brands to recommend? Thank you very much!

Baniclips, Mar 14, 2014
  2. Baniclips

gadgetised

I have been using Samsung SSD drives and have no problems whatsoever. You can look at the Samsung website to see what they have available. I get them from there, just for warranty reasons. There is also some new info on the S5 which is exciting.

gadgetised, Mar 15, 2014
  3. Baniclips

bobthemuffinman

I use the Samsung 840 Evo in my computer. It's really fast. The 840 Pro is faster but more expensive. Also the Kingston HyperX 3K are really good SSD's. Look at many brands to find the cheapest and best performing one!

bobthemuffinman, Mar 17, 2014
  4. Baniclips

mikelouis

I prefer SSDs now but the only issue is that they are expensive. And also the companies that are making them into the laptops are of very small memory.

mikelouis, Mar 22, 2014
Ask a Question