New theme for default Linpus desktop

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by nonimage, Dec 9, 2008.

1. nonimage

Timbermill

Happy New Year to all :D

The Video Editor in my screenshot is Kino - I've barely tried it yet, but seems very good
    The icons were picked up all over the place - mainly 128x128 .png from http://www.iconarchive.com/
    If anyone wants the images I've used then please let me know :cool:

Timbermill, Jan 8, 2009
  2. nonimage

Guppi

Seems like most users consider the standard desktop as an obstacle to be worked around or preferably removed comppletely to give room for a more classic "PC-style". I can agree that the original desktop looks quite dull, but I still love the layout of the thing so I just couldn't turn it off. So why not alter it to my likings? I started ripping the thing appart, putting it together, messing the whole program up, reloading from the backup and so on and on and on for half an eternity. Then I found this thread and it really pleases me to see that there are others who like the Linpus desktop enough to make more personal and a pleasure to look at.
    And here we are, my desktop after hours in front of the terminal and gimp, it took a while but it was WAAAY worth it!

[​IMG]

I still have some Icons to change and maybe I'll go for brown arrows later on but so far so good, and it all works!

Guppi, Feb 7, 2009
  3. nonimage

Pierre

Thanks for the easy instructions. I'll get on it once I understand absolutely everything:
    How do I save the file once I put the # at the start of every lines in step 9..?

That's all I'm missing right now I think. Thanks!

Oh, any chances it'll mess things up..? I have no idea how to back things up, though again I just today reinstalled linpus from the recovery CD and all went well so it won't be much of a bother if it does mess up...

Pierre, Feb 11, 2009
  4. nonimage

chopan

how did you change the icons?

chopan, Feb 13, 2009
  5. nonimage

sgtslwilson

Hey, Thanks! I've been looking for wallpapers that allows me to keep my stock linpus set up. I really appreciate it! Got any more?

Lance

Sorry, repost.

sgtslwilson, Jun 8, 2009
  6. nonimage

sgtslwilson

sgtslwilson, Jun 8, 2009
  7. nonimage

atomicmedic

I really want those icons, how can I replace the original desktop icons with the .ico files?

atomicmedic, Jul 30, 2009
  8. nonimage

RaVenBlackehart

I tried installing the old Desktop Architect program on both my Acer laptops and it works for me. It's available on the ThemeWorld site, and it's free. Then I just download a bunch of old Windows desktop themes and make sure they open with the Desktop Architect program.

RaVenBlackehart, Jul 8, 2013
Ask a Question