New ram

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by 546, Feb 26, 2018.

1. 546

I have the 2007 year A 105 S4384 laptop. It has 2 sticks of 512 mb ram. I was thinking of buying one stick of 2 gig and replacing one of the existing sticks. Has anyone done this and which one should I replace..I heard it can matter which stick you replace..
    and will it work with 2 different rams from 2 different makers...???

546, Feb 26, 2018
  2. 546

OldPhil

Go to any of the major ram manufacturers sites plug your LTs make & model they will give you the correct answer. If you can up your ram to 4 you will get s vary nice boost.

OldPhil, Feb 28, 2018
  3. 546

Brian8gbSSDLinux

Any person wishing to update Laptop Memory (RAM) should go to the Crucial.com site
    there are Fill in the Manufacturer and Model boxes - for your laptop Manuf and Model... it will then advise you what RAM is available - (You can also download a small program that checks your RAM and then tells you IF YOU CAN/CANNOT upgrade it.

SOME really BAD NEWS - at one time (1999 to 2003 at least) Microsoft and Intel got together and forced Manufacturers to LIMIT RAM on laptops so that people like US could NOT UPGRADE...

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Mar 2, 2018
Ask a Question