new kid on block

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by littledorritt, Oct 31, 2008.

1. littledorritt

littledorritt

As a lifelong Mac user, having problems adjusting to this new world. Have just bought the blue AA1 Linux Lite version . 1.0.9.E. How do I re-boot from the CD having only an iBook as my other computer ? How do I defrag ( for Mac users Disk Utility was a nifty application for cleansing the system ) ? Apologies if these questions have already been answered elsewhere.

littledorritt, Oct 31, 2008
  2. littledorritt

scottro

You don't need to degrag. Linux has a somewhat different file system.
    If you mean reboot from the recovery DVD, I'm not sure if it works on a Mac, though I don't see why it wouldn't--but the idea is that you boot, on a computer with a CD drive, and put in a USB thumb drive.
    The CD then gives you a dialog to install a recovery system to the USB stick.

After that, you boot the AA1 from the USB and it will restore the system to its original state.

If it doesn't work on an iBook, then borrow a friend's PC for 15 minutes. :)

scottro, Oct 31, 2008
  3. littledorritt

rbil

And make sure your friend's PC doesn't have more than one hard drive in it, or he probably won't be your friend after this experience. :)

Cheers.

rbil, Oct 31, 2008
Ask a Question