New here, need some help with my laptop.

Discussion in 'Storage' started by davidrforbus, Dec 10, 2014.

1. davidrforbus

davidrforbus

hey guys, really need some help with my hp pavilion sleekbook. My wife spilt coffee on it the other day and the hard drive started clicking and finally the computer went blue screen and finally black screen saying the boot device not found. So I called a local place they said the hard drive was bad and it's be a couple hundred for them to replace it. I only spent like 270 on the computer new so I just decided to work on it myself, plus I like learning new things. Anyway I went out and bought a new 1tb hard drive and a dual hard drive docking station. My plan was to copy my toshibas hard drive to my new hard drive for my hp. Well turns out it's not that easy so now I've no clue how to get a operating system on this new hard drive. My hp doesn't have a disk drive so I'm clueless. Can anyone help me out?? Any help is appricated!

davidrforbus, Dec 10, 2014
  2. davidrforbus

something back

I have included a link to a web page that lists a free disassembly manual.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/678367/Hp-Pavilion-Sleekbook-14.html

It's BEST TO REMOVE THE OLD HARDDRIVE then replace it with your new harddrive.

If your old harddrive information can be recovered then place it in the docking station and recover/clone it back from there.

If you find the process of cloning hard/problematic If you take both harddrives when you have removed the old drive to a COMPUTER SHOP it should not cost much for them to try to clone the information back if it's recoverable “always get a quote!”

If not you will have to start again with your installation discs, a cheap rom cd/dvd drive
    is under £10 or $15 from places like ebay.

Once you have reloaded your system then you could always try to recover some of the old
    data using free recovery software.

something back, Dec 10, 2014
  3. davidrforbus

something back

In order to setup a new harddrive you need to download a small free program called SUPER FDISK

Download super fdisk from www.freewarefiles.com then run it from a cd

You will need someone to write super fdisk to a cd for you.

When run from a cd this program will help you to setup and format your new hard drive.

From within the program choose create then choose format it's as simple as that. Then you can start to install your new system.

4. davidrforbus

something back

Ask a Question