New here, need an answer.

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by footballforeverOS, Dec 6, 2008.

1. footballforeverOS

footballforeverOS

HI all I;m new to this board, I just bought an acer one yesterday haven't received it yet, but I would like to know something, I hear there is a loud fan noise, and I also here there a download fix for this, I would like to fix this out of the box, is there anyone who can tell me where to get the download fix for the fan noise.

Thanks so much, I can't wait for my Acer one.

footballforeverOS, Dec 6, 2008
  2. footballforeverOS

mercado79

There are at least four floating around (3 for Windows and another for Linux). Try the Software mods section:
    viewforum.php?f=44

mercado79, Dec 6, 2008
  3. footballforeverOS

info

Don't assume that the fan will bother you, it doesn't bother many of us in the least. Some units evidently have a buzzing or similar somewhat irritating noise, but I doubt you will receive one of those. On the newer machines that come in good shape, I think you will find them good "as is." I have an XP version that I bought less than two weeks ago. Whatever it is you bought, XP or Linux, you are in for quite a treat.

info, Dec 7, 2008
Ask a Question