New Acer Aspire One ZG8 user need help

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by darkknight74, Nov 25, 2009.

1. darkknight74

darkknight74

:idea: Hey Guys I am a MAC lover but I am tired of paying all that money for a mac so I am going the hacktonish route...
    I recently one a NEW AAO ZG8 from my employer and I am itching at tearing it apart and upgrading the Hard Drive.

Currently My AAO has the Following

Model ZG8
    Atom N270
    1 GB RAM WANT TO install 2 GB
    160GB HD WANT TO install 500 GB HD
    and has the ATT 3G card installed (is there a NATIVE OS X driver for it)

The memory looks easy just remove the door and bang 2 GIG MAX ( What brand and speed do you guys use and recommend so I can max this baby out to 2 GIG)
    and I know if I want the wifi to work right with OS X I have to replace the wifi card with a Dell 1380 ( BEEN READING THIS BOARD ALOT)

I want to replace the HD with a 500 gig I am plan on dual booting Windows 7 and OS X and maybe linux
    I am a very GEEKY person but I have looked every where for a upgrade DYI on the Hard drive
    Can someone point me to a site with disassembly instructions I have seen alot for other models but not mine (A0531h ZG8)

Thanks again I am looking forward to being a contributing member of this board

DK

darkknight74, Nov 25, 2009
  2. darkknight74

hr1

Can update to 1.5 GB of ram, HD can be whatever biggin you can find in that size of HD.

hr1, Dec 1, 2009
Ask a Question