NetworkManager doe nothing and nm-applet bails out with erro

Discussion in 'Linux' started by wim, May 15, 2009.

1. wim

wim

When you go to network settings, nothing comes up. Running the 'NetworkManager' does nothing (but does not return an error either); nm-applet bails out with the following errorcodes : Glib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT(object) failed.

I also noticed (after reviewing some posts on this forum that I do not have anything in the .gconf directory.

All help is highly appreciated.

wim, May 15, 2009
  2. wim

wim

Re-installation as the only solution...
    But now I cannot get gcc installed due to incompatibilty issues (see other postst).
    (zucht)

wim, Jun 21, 2009
  3. wim

DutchDK

Since very few, if any, here on the forums are certified psychics with mindreading or remoteviewing abilities it would help a lot if you stated which distro you are having problems with.

If it is the Linpus distro that comes with the Linux version of the AAO, a reinstall from the recovery DVD normally fixes everything, unless there is a hardware fault with the WiFi or Ethernet NIC.

If it is another distro, it can be due to missing drivers for the AAO specific hardware, in the version of the distro you are installing, but since you haven't seen fit to purvey that info, pertinent help is pretty hard to give.

DutchDK, Jun 21, 2009
Ask a Question